Hard Boiled Eggs with Spicy Sauce
1. Peel eggs and cut into quarters. Place on a plate.
2. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. Pour over the eggs.
3. Sprinkle chopped green onions on top. Warm oil in a small saucepan and pour over the eggs.
Add chopped chili peppers to the sauce or sprinkle them on top of the eggs to add spice to taste.
If sweet soy sauce is unavailable, mix light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and sugar together for similar taste and texture.
- 3 boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon oil
This appetizer packs flavour for an easy way to elevate boiled eggs.