Hickman’s Family Farm’s Tuition Reimbursement Program began with the 2019 Fall Semester. The program is based on the employee receiving approval prior to enrolling in college level or trade level classes. With on-line semesters offering a variety of start to completion for working professionals, please make sure your selection is pre-approved. With standard academic years starting in Spring or Fall semesters, please also get the tuition reimbursement pre-approved.
Eligibility and reimbursement are based on the criteria below:
- You must be a fulltime Hickman employee for a least one year to qualify for the program.
- This program will be limited to a set level of company funding per year. Once that funding has been dispersed, no additional tuition will be available until the following calendar year. Any money unused at the end of the calendar year will be rolled over and added to the next year’s fund. Funding levels will be posted in the near future.
- Classes must be submitted prior to enrollment to the HR Department for review and approval.
- a. Classes must be pertinent to some aspect of the employee’s current position at Hickman’s.
- b. General Studies / “Gen Ed” classes will not be considered for reimbursement.
- Reimbursement will be limited to $1,500 per employee per year.
- Employees will not be able to submit more than 3 classes for reimbursement per semester.
- Reimbursement will be determined on a percentage basis by grades earned per class:
- a. “A” – 100%
- b. “B” – 90%
- c. “C” – 80%
- d. “D” – No Reimbursement
- e. No reimbursement on a failing grade or uncompleted course
- If an employee separates from the company, for any reason, within four months of receiving tuition reimbursement, Hickman’s will require return of the tuition reimbursement by the former employee.
- Reimbursement will be made to the employee 60 days after receiving the following:
- a. Documentation from the educational facility showing successful completion of course
- b. Invoice from the educational facility itemizing the cost of the course tuition
- c. Documentation of grade earned for the course