CALIFORNIA BASED ORGANIC CHICKEN FERTILIZER SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Description Territory Sales Central Coast, California, Fertilizer- Hickman’s Family Farms, originating Arlington and Tonopah Arizona –
Contact: Jim Marshall, email@example.com 623.694.0442
The Farms Choice is an Organic Chicken Fertilizer line brand owned by Hickman’s Family Farms, Buckeye, Arizona. The Farms Choice has developed a team with fertilizer experience to work closely with Organic Farmers throughout Arizona and parts of the Southwestern United States.
The ideal person would have fertilizer industry experience, have a good understanding of production agriculture, including but not limited to produce, row crops, fruits, trees, and fertilizer markets, with a strong ability to work directly with our Hickman’s team to partner with farmers to increase production results.
This position requires leadership skills,and a strong ability to communicate in group and individual settings. This role will help Hickman’s Farms Choice origination fertilizer sales, by exceeding sales, service, and revenue goals with an emphasis on developing long-term farmer relationships to secure supply chains critical to feeding the world’s growing population and improving diets.
Job Description: The qualified individual will be responsible for, fertilizer sales, strategy, and growth of their territory. This person will have account ownership for target customers and prospects with emphasis on outside of the office sales and origination efforts for their territory. This is an in-field and office position.
• Equivalent experience to Bachelor’s degree (Tuition Reimbursements available), Agronomic background helpful, supplemented with preferred minimum of three to five years outside sales and origination experience, Ag sector preferred
• Demonstrate understanding of how to conduct professional sales/origination calls with customers and prospects.
• Basic understanding of fertilizer competing options, production agriculture and the application of those to the farmer
• Dedication to be a positive & professional team member
• Ability to function effectively, both independently and in group efforts
• Strong analytical abilities, initiative and problem solving skills necessary to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• Effective oral and written communication skills as well as ability to work with various levels at Farms Choice and Hickman’s Family Farms teams
• Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
• Proficient in the use and application of mobile technology
• Dedication to use technology applications that are critical to sales and origination activities
• Commitment to track customer interactions and assemble critical business information
• Commitment to territory planning and efficient execution.
• Expert organizational and time-management skills
• Early adopter of new technology, laptop provided, and ability to lead and influence other target users
• Collaborate with business leaders to provide insight and support strategic goals.Responsibilities
• Grow origination and sales to achieve goals
• Responsible for customer account maintenance, including A/R and logistics, including equipment needed to deliver products for contracts and fertilizer position management when necessary
• Maintain target customer list with market share/contact information/activity log and specific goals for all key accounts (100- 150 customers and prospects)
• Extensive travel in territory of responsibility and attending trade shows, membership in trade groups encouraged
• Strong self-motivation
• Collect and record information on target accounts
• Must be engaged with accounting and administrative staff to ensure timely and accurate accounting and contract management
• Provide analysis and input into further development and success of the Farms Choice by Hickman’s Family Farms.
• This position requires the ability to lift more than 50 pounds, make LTL deliveries to customers, and be able to climb, twist, bend, and walk clients’ farm ground properties.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/HSA, medical,dental,, life, vision, insurance. Hickman’s requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check. Hickman’s Family Farms is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability. Growing together inclusively for another 76 years is our company wide commitment. Cellular phone and vehicle will be provided. All Hickman employees will be paid to attend orientation before starting position.