Mardi Gras Deviled Eggs
3 hrs 25 min
1. Place eggs in large pot and pour enough water over to cover completely. Bring to a boil, then turn off heat and cover pot. Let sit 11 minutes, then immediately remove eggs and place into a bowl of ice water. Peel eggs when cool enough to handle.
2. In another large pot, bring 3 cups water, cabbage, vinegar, and sugar to a boil. Let cool slightly, then strain out cabbage.
3. Place peeled eggs into a large bowl and pour cabbage liquid over. Refrigerate at least 3 hours and up to overnight.
4. Halve eggs and place yolks in a medium bowl. Add mayonnaise, mustard, and hot sauce to yolks and mash with a fork until smooth. Season with cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
5. Pipe yolk mixture back into whites and top with chives to serve.
Mardi Gras Deviled Eggs – Delish.com
- 12 large eggs
- 1 c. distilled vinegar
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. cajun seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Finely chopped chives, for garnish
Celebrate Mardi Gras with these purple, gold, and green deviled eggs. Hard boiled eggs get pickled with purple cabbage to dye the whites naturally and a little cajun seasoning goes in the yolk mixture to make these deviled eggs New Orleans approved!