Egg Dumplings with Minced Pork
1. In a bowl, whisk eggs until blended.
2. In another bowl, stir together pork, green onions, salt, and 2 teaspoons (10 mL) oil.
3. Heat remaining teaspoon (5 mL) of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Pour a spoonful of eggs into the pan and spread it into a circular shape. As it sets, place a small amount of pork mixture in the centre.
4. Use chopsticks to fold half of the egg up to cover the pork, then use one chopstick to hold it, and use another pair of chopsticks to squeeze the sides to form a wonton shape.
5. Fry until egg is lightly golden on both sides and pork is cooked through.
6. Serve with ketchup or sriracha ketchup as a dipping sauce, if desired.
- 4 eggs
- 2 oz (60 g) minced or ground pork
- 1 cup (250 mL) green onions, chopped (about 1 bundle)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil, divided
- Ketchup or srirachi ketchup, optional
This is a popular Lunar New Year greeting. The dumplings look like gold nuggets, hence the name is befitting.